- Tolerance and Acceptance
- To provide a challenging educational program based on a strong university preparatory curriculum
- To promote intellectual curiosity
- To develop the potential of students by encouraging them to participate in a diverse and full range of school activities
- To nurture each student's feelings of self-confidence and pride in accomplishment
- To create in each student an awareness of a world of rapid change and unforeseeable demands in which continuing education throughout adult life will be a normal expectation
OUR MISSONAt Al Mawakeb, we are convinced that every human being is valuable and deserves the opportunity for self-realization and self-fulfillment.
We aim to work together to provide all students with a caring environment in which learning, cooperation, self-esteem and success are valued and encouraged, thus enabling children to achieve their maximum development potential.
We are committed to helping learners acquire and use knowledge, communicate effectively, and become responsible and respectful active individuals in their community prepared to meet the challenges of the future. We will challenge students to take personal responsibility for their education and to apply their learning to a diverse and changing world.
Internationalism at Al Mawakeb is perceived through collaborating effectively in a diverse and multinational community and preparing our students to face future challenges and become global citizens. To that end, we will create a culture of openness and acceptance of the diverse views and beliefs emerging from our multicultural community. We will also build our students’ linguistic proficiency in 3 languages (Arabic, English & French) while encouraging them to practice their native language at home and elsewhere.
The curriculum we adopt supports the school’s commitment to internationalism through:
- Triggering our learner’s curiosity to investigate the school’s multicultural community
- Considering the globalizing world and grasping exciting opportunities for international exposure and education
- Developing their problem solving skills so that they contribute in tackling worldwide issues
- Providing a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their entrepreneurial skills
- Embedding internationalism into content areas to continuously inspire students to innovate in their learning
- Celebrating a diverse range of values and beliefs through school wide activities
- Providing a platform for our young leaders to initiate awareness campaigns about global and international concerns
- Broaden students’ global communication through ample venues