In a complex and rapidly changing world, we will steadfastly provide an excellent education in a caring and respectful environment dedicated to the wellbeing and happiness of all students.
- Tolerance and Acceptance
OUR MISSIONAt Al Mawakeb, we are convinced that every human being is valuable and deserves the opportunity for self-realization and self-fulfillment. We are committed to providing a high-quality education and applying a distributed leadership model that will encourage our students to embrace accountability, self-reliance and teamwork in their daily lives. We aim to work with parents, students, teachers and other stakeholders to provide all students with a caring, sustainable and inclusive learning environment in which collaboration, innovation, talent, and critical thinking are valued and encouraged, thus empowering children to achieve their fullest potential. We are committed to developing their 21st century skills and building students to become well-rounded, goal-driven and holistic individuals who are advocates of multiculturalism and are capable of solving global, local, and environmental issues. We will challenge students to take personal responsibility for their own learning and to apply their learning to a diverse and changing world.
Internationalism at Al Mawakeb is perceived through collaborating effectively in a diverse and multinational community and preparing our students to face future challenges and become global citizens. To that end, we will create a culture of openness and acceptance of the diverse views and beliefs emerging from our multicultural community. We will also build our students’ linguistic proficiency in 3 languages (Arabic, English & French) while encouraging them to practice their native language at home and elsewhere.
The curriculum we adopt supports the school’s commitment to internationalism through:
- Triggering our learner’s curiosity to investigate the school’s multicultural community
- Considering the globalizing world and grasping exciting opportunities for international exposure and education
- Developing their problem solving skills so that they contribute in tackling worldwide issues
- Providing a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their entrepreneurial skills
- Embedding internationalism into content areas to continuously inspire students to innovate in their learning
- Celebrating a diverse range of values and beliefs through school wide activities
- Providing a platform for our young leaders to initiate awareness campaigns about global and international concerns
- Broaden students’ global communication through ample venues